Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Destroyed Book






















This is a photo of a work I call the "Destroyed Book." It started out as 3 inch by 5 inch Moleskine Cahier. I took it everywhere I went for two weeks, sketching people all the while. After I finished sketching on all of the pages, I undid the stitching on the spine of the Cahier. I glued all of the pages together in to a continuous page that measures 30 inches by 15 1/2 inches. I sewed it back into the cover and that is where the fun began .








I drew and collaged on each side. It depicts some of major preoccupation-Renaissance and Baroque scientific illustration, Asian sculpture, quirky advertising and packaging design and wierd toys. I flded it all up as sort of an accordion style book so it fits into the original cover. I like how one can see my feet in one of the photos.





2 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough I've seen that shot with the feet but didn't know it was you. I'm pretty sure I saw that on a Belgian foot fetish site. Can't remember whether the caption was in Dutch or French. But I'm pretty sure it was the same picture.

    ReplyDelete