Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Drawings






Because of Hurricane Sandy, I've had a good bit of time on my hands. I haven't been able to go to my job. So I'm working a lot in my journals. I spend a lot of time, in a normal day, travelling on the subway. Twice a week, I travel from Flushing Queens to South Jamaica Queens. Since I have a low threshold of boredom, I spend a lot of time drawing people that I see on the 
subway. I usually draw with pens and markers.  And when I have time, I add to and augment the drawings with ink, watercolor, gouache and a variety of other materials.

So since Sunday October 28, I've been adding to  journal pages. At a certain point on October 29, I lost electricity for two days and was drawing by flashlight and candle light.

Most of the people that I draw, I never see again. These folks, in particular, since I saw them in southern Queens, may have suffered some horrible things as a result of the hurricane. It's a big world out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment