Monday, March 14, 2011

The Book of Torsoes: Almost the End

The back cover of The Book of Torsoes.


The last two pages of The Book of Torsoes. These pages are sort of like a city wall that is layered with a lot of information, printed material and grafitti. I also had The Book of Torsoes with me on a visit to P.S. 1 and so I wrote down the names of the artists I was interested in.
I spend a lot of time in museums and art galleries, don't you know.



These two pages are near the end of The Book of Torsoes. I always have trouble finishing things. They are heading in nice directions, in fact one depicts a rather attractive headless Cypriot torso carrying a bull's head. I won't have time to visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art this week to finish it so maybe I'll just see if I can find a photo of it. The image overlaying is a figure from New Guinea that lives in the Brooklyn Museum, if I remember correctly. Nearly a year after I originally posted this, I finished that page. It's somewhat different. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually working on this page these days. Soon I'lll share a finished page.

    ReplyDelete